Nirvana for Dummies!

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Something fresh.

Well, most of the times I end up liking the title of a book rather than the insides. I am not a fan of Woodehouse in particular, but somehow this title remained in my mind.

Anyways, coming back to the actual stuff, well this weekend was good, surprisingly.For considering the fact that I had, fom previous weekends’ experience, branded them as - as lousy as they come.

Blossoms – My first ever visit to the place on this weekend.Its an amazing place. Was looking for something, but bought something else. Can anybody reading this drop in a comment telling under which publication did Balwant Gargi publish his novels, like Naked Triangle for example. My back started aching after bending over the racks and searching for this particular writer for over an hour. Didn’t want to return empty handed. So bought Fury and Shame by Rushdie instead. Kind of getting a good feeling about our authors. Looking forward to get some hands on Vikram Seth’s stuff.

Nari – This guy needs no introduction. If you are wondering what I am talking about or incase you are somebody new to my blog, Nari happens to be someone or rather something what everyother wannabe geek in 12th std wants to be. An IITian, an admirer of Arts, a vivid reader, a qualified professional, a potential writer and a what not.

Anyways, Nari turned up this weekend. I always look forward for this thing everyweek. He is somebody whom you could talk to for hours on anyhing under the sun.

Among many commons, one major thing is that we are both hopelessly addicted to south Indian strong coffee. And needless to say we found ourselves hanging out and sipping some steaming coffee in Shanti Sagar, looking at the traffic on Sampige Rd, admiring the girls around and,of course, talking. This guy is amazing when he starts talking about philosophy and fine arts. We talked a lot , from Franz Kafka to a ‘perfect universe’ . It was good, after such a long time.

2001:A Space Odyssey – Cinema is a medium. Some come to entertain, some to get entertained, and some, I don’t know how many, to think or seed a thought. Every body is entitled to their own purpose, mine lies mostly in the last of the purposes I mentioned.

The whole of Sunday was devoted for this. I will be damned if I refuse that Stanley Kubrick tops my list of fav directors.

Thoughts I got after the movie:

Do we finally meet our doom because of our dependancy on the machines?

Is somebody really watching us?

Is somebody constantly facilitating our evolution?

If indeed somebody is ,what next?

Well that’s it. Something better than my previous weekends, something fresh.

1 Comments:

  • Blossoms is a wonderful place , especially when u have the dough with you to splurge . Hey maga , I ve found some cool blogs . see my "links " ... tell me if u find anything interesting , watsay?

    I ve started reading some Indian authors too . 5 pt someone , The betrayal by Sivasankari - good reads .
    then of course rk narayan . I bought "ponniyin selvan" english version , will put up reviews of books i read from now on.

    By Blogger Karthik Subramani, at 3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home