Nirvana for Dummies!

Friday, August 05, 2005

Bombay!

I dont know if you guys agree with me or not, but to me Bombay has always seemed like a filmmakers' fav. No guys , I know its the cradle for Bollywood and stuff, but I am talking Bombay as a subject.

To me a movie should speak a lot of things, it should speak of not just the characters or the plot but the ambience of the plot and the corresponding characters.Mahesh Bhatt , whom I consider a genius when it comes to making a movie, seems to blend this character in his movies. Right from his 80s works like Daddy or Kabzaa to his latest productions, Bombay has been brought out on the screen in an inimitable fashion.

Another spectacular beginning to a movie was that of Sathya’s. It starts with a voice-over on Bombay, as a land of opportunities ,as a land of possibilities , as a land of the mafia.

Rupam Chitra’s Gharonda is another master piece show casing Bombay in its original , unadulterated style rather than the glitterati of the crappy Bollywood studios. So does Hrisheikesh Mukherjee’s Chotti Si Baat.

It’s a pity that I still haven’t been to the city and feel it.

1 Comments:

  • why don't you go instead of saying that u havent been there? at present u have the cash, time and the desire.....just go.......

    By Blogger Deepak Krishnan, at 6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home